Hoppa till huvudinnehåll

💡 Testa även våra tjänster där du kan söka mäklare, företag och nämndbeslut

In English


Those wishing to work as an estate agent in Sweden need to be registered with the Swedish Estate Agents Inspectorate (FMI). This applies to everyone who mediates, for example, property, apartments or plots of land in a professional capacity. Estate agencies need to be registered too.

There are a few exceptions to the registration requirement, namely for lawyers and certain forms of rental services.

If FMI discovers that someone is mediating property without being a registered estate agent, this is reported to a prosecutor’s office. The person may then be sentenced to pay a fine or to prison.

If an estate agency isn’t registered, FMI can impose it to apply. If the agency still doesn’t apply, it must stop with its mediating business.

To be registered as a real estate agent you need to fulfill requirements of education and suitability, and you need to pay an annual fee to keep your registration. 

If you are already a professional estate agent in another country and wish to start working in Sweden, special regulations apply.

To be registered as an estate agency, controls are made of the company itself, its board members, owners and management.

More information

Senast uppdaterad 2023-12-20